To take off, you need a VIP pass, aka an email from your manager, inviting you to join Wingman. If you haven’t received an invite, please ask your manager for one.
Once you have the invite, setting up Wingman takes just a few minutes:
- Sign up
- Connect your calendar
- Add your voice fingerprint
- Get the Wingman desktop app
- Do a victory dance (optional but highly recommended) 💃
Just click on the link in your invite email and sign up with your work email address. If your team uses Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), sign up with your Google account.
Wingman sign up
Connect your calendar
This is a small but super important step. Sync Wingman with your calendar so it can automatically join, record, transcribe and analyze meetings that you permit it to. And when you need to, you can remove Wingman from an ongoing meeting (here's how).
Wingman syncs with your calendar
Add your voice fingerprint
How else will Wingman know who’s speaking? Our AI is smart, but it needs a little help. Simply read the sample paragraph out loud so Wingman can identify you on calls. Takes just 30 seconds, but this ensures better voice recognition and more accurate call transcripts.
Record your voice fingerprint
Get the Wingman desktop app
We’ve been working with the Wingman web app so far—which is what you see when you go to https://app.trywingman.com/. But for the funky stuff, aka real-time alerts and customized cue cards (for monologues, keywords, customer objections, etc.), you gotta get the desktop app.
Why you absolutely need the Wingman desktop app
- See (customizable) cue cards in real-time as your call progresses. For example, your prospect says “me got no budget.” Real bummer, aye? Wingman automatically shows you a card with the best response for this objection, based on how you or your manager have set it up.
- Know when you drone on and on because, let’s face it: prospects want to talk about themselves, not you. #SorryNotSorry #NoMonologues
- Bookmark key moments on call, so you can go back to them easily later.
How to download the desktop app
- You should see a prompt to download the desktop app during sign up.
Wingman app download prompt during sign up
- Skipped it by mistake? Get the app for your PC or Mac from Settings > Downloads. Or just click here.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed it, launch (open) the Wingman app and sign in (with the same email you used to sign up).
Wingman desktop app
- Can’t see the login screen? Check in the system tray/menu bar and you’ll see the Wingman app icon. Click on the app icon to launch the app.
Wingman app in Mac menu bar
Wingman app in Windows system tray
Pro tip: When sharing your screen in a video call, always share only the relevant app or browser window (not your entire desktop), so your cue cards are not accidentally shown to customers! Learn more here.
We’re about to take off! 🎉 Let’s record your first meeting with Wingman!
All clear for takeoff!